There is always HOPE

There is always HOPE

Thursday, May 17, 2012

Wax on...Wax off

I'm writing this straight from my heart as it is very fresh. Lately I have been feeling very strong about the call that I feel God has placed in my life. However I have not yet received or "got" the whole vision, and or picture of how I'm going to get there. Currently I'm finishing my book "Self-Imposed Prison", as this has been one of the things that I have wanted to do. Along with becoming an author, I am also starting to speak and share my testimony about what God has miraculous done in my life. However the doors are not opening up fast enough in my liking. So just this morning as I'm reading my Bible, I started to pray and truly seek God about "my calling", and I asked Him "how come it's not coming together as fast as I'd like it to." God speaks to me in all sorts of ways: I hear his voice clearly, sometimes he gives me a vision, and sometimes he gives me scenarios from movies. I find as I'm watching a movie (especially kids cartoons) the Holy Spirit really speaks clearly to me about life and the perception of "life. So this morning this is what I felt God drop into my heart: It's from the movie "Karate Kid". When the karate kid's master was training and teaching him, there is a nortious scene where he teaches the kid to wash his car. And the master clearly said "Wax on... wax off" and showed him the motions on how to do just that. He never said why he was showing him to do that, or even the purpose. Well the kid would furiously and stubbornly do as his master told him. But all the while, thought he was being taken advantage of because he thought the master only was using him to wash his car. During this frustrating time of training, the kid learned to submit and obey, and in due time the kid finally figured out why he had to learn "wax on... wax off." It was during practicing (although at the time he never knew he was practicing) those repetitious, boring "moves" that won him the tournament later in the movie. Well are you getting my point? If someone feels a call in their life, God sees your heart, and in order for our hearts to align with God's, He needs to develop our character. My suggestion is not only watch movies, but getting into The Word, knowing it, imprinting it in your heart. The more we know the Word, the more we know Him, and in the end the more we know ourselves.

I have to admit when I felt God saying this to me. I wasn't at all happy. In fact the tears started to flow. I reacted exactly how the kid acted in Karate Kid. I felt frustrated, disappointed, and a little angry. But I quickly recovered and really started to think about this. God knows me far better than I know myself. He will know exactly the time when I'm ready to fully go! Right now I'm getting a huge character lesson. We all have giftings, but in order to fully flourish in our giftings we have to have STRONG character. I believe our character needs to be even stronger than our giftings. I am learning to be faithful with the little things, in order for God to give me more and more and more. "Man makes their plans, but God directs their steps."

I love the saying that Joyce Meyer has "The light shines brighter through cracked pots". Notice it doesn't say "crack pots" well I am a CRACKED pot, and it was ONLY through God's grace that rebuilt my "pot."Therefore allowing His light to shine brightly through the cracks. These cracks represent God's grace, mercy, and love. Only He can get glorified through my life. Because if I did things my way, I wouldn't be anywhere near where I am today. I am a very blessed woman, blessings that I don't deserve, but because of God's mercies and goodness I live a life of freedom. I also want to point out that God doesn't see a cracked pot, he sees a perfectly sculpted,whole pot. And I think we all need to see ourselves through the eyes of Jesus, and how He sees us. When I get my eyes off of me and onto Him, and others I'm so much more effective. There are so many broken people that have needs that should be met. We pray for God to help them, when actually it is US that are the answer to our own prayers. So how do we help? The needs of the world can be overwhelming. But by just saying yes to that one person,we can make a whole world of a difference to that one.(I heard from Andy Stanley) Which in return that person would effect another person, and the domino's of helping others start to flow. I believe that when we are real, and allow people to see who we really are, speaks volumes. We never know what kind of seeds we are planting in peoples lives by just being the real us.

So I guess now I will go empty my dishwasher, fill it, feed my kids lunch, wash my floor and throw in a load of laundry. Wax on.... Wax off!

No comments: