There is always HOPE

There is always HOPE

Monday, July 09, 2012

Muscle Memory

Well week one down, and onto week two! I wouldn't say that I did great, but I'm starting out slowly. I usually tend to go full force at the start, and I can get burnt out. I'm a natural sprinter, but this journey I need to view more as a marathon, especially with the injuries that I have. HOWEVER I also need to be stronger than my excuses!!
I started my first weight loss journey back in November 2007. The first seven months I actually gained weight. I was very discouraged and frustrated. I also allowed the numbers on the scale to dictate how I felt that day.I then got my hands onto two books that changed my life: Eat Clean diet by Tosco Reno, and Body for Life. Before these two books, I was only working out 3 times a week and still eating whatever I want. And if you want to LOSE weight a person needs to increase their exercise and decrease their calorie intake. I didn't realize that what you eat is actually 80% of the journey. So for this next weight loss journey I'm more educated, and have more muscle than back in 2007. It took me almost three years to lose 60 pounds. I'm giving myself ONE year to lose 50! My goal is to actually lose it quicker than that. With being more educated on fitness and nutrition, knowing what my body is capable of, and still having the muscle that I gained from before, I'm in a much better position! My weakness right now is to trying to keep focused! Also liking myself and not hating or being angry with myself for gaining this weight back. This journey is learning to be content, but not satisfied!!!

No comments: