There is always HOPE

There is always HOPE

Tuesday, April 30, 2013

When injustice has been served to you HOT!

Well the words that I am typing are coming out fresh in my heart. Recently we have been served some injustice by the government, which we entrusted to protect us financially. Needless to say we have not been protected, and they have allowed the wrong doer to get away with the injustice.

I have many choices laid out in front of me, and unfortunately enacted on some of these bad choices. So when I finally can cool down and get my focus back on God and what His word says I am able to find peace. Like He is our provider. He is our defender. He will REPAY ALL that the locusts have eaten. He will bring good out of this. He does not give us a spirit of fear. NO weapon formed against us shall prosper!! I will take joy in this hard time as it will build my character (hard one to swallow must admit!)

Then my mind started to ponder on the book that I'm reading by Caroline Barnett "Willing to walk on water" She and her husband Mathew Barnett run the dream center down in Los Angeles CA. She has many stories of how so many children go from foster home to foster home. She gives some disturbing facts and statistics of how the government has failed them, and has served them injustice many times over. Her amazing book is a book of hope of how WE, yes you and me can do something to help these people. The Dream Center has designed programs, they provide essential needs to these families so that they can stay together and not have to lose their children. Did you know that most foster children come from loving supporting homes? But the state removes them from their homes because the parents can't provide their children with the bare essentials. So the dream center has stepped in with donating clothing, food, diapers etc. As a result, they have been able to partner with the government to help keep families together. And fiscally they have saved the tax payers half a million dollars a year.

So when I read this book, my injustice starts to look a lot smaller. I'm sure we all have been served some injustice. Had negative words spoken over us. Been treated unfairly. etc. While reading this book, the desire to do something to help grows bigger and bigger. I didn't realize how close to home this hit. You see I'm a foster kid. Luckily I never had to stay in a foster home too long before I was rescued. I had people that loved me and got me out of there so I wouldn't end up in the system. That's all it takes. One person to perform one act of love to change someone else's world.

Now it's my responsibility to rescue others. I was rescued for a purpose. I currently submitted my application to the Little Warriors organization. I will be doing the Victor walk May 23. This walk is to bring awareness that we need to have a harsher punishment on sex offenders. I will be sharing part of my story in the production INVISIBLE which is June 14 and 15. This production's purpose is to bring awareness to women's vulnerabilites. The producer of this show is Connie Jakob who has such a heart for those who have been served injustice.

What injustice makes you angry enough to do something about it? We can't turn a blind eye anymore just  because it hurts to look at the reality of human suffering. Just because we may not see it in "our world" doesn't mean it doesn't exist. It could be just next door.

I don't want to be pissed off anymore due to the unfairness of life. So I'm transfering that energy into being proactive into helping others. Each and everyone of us have been designed for a purpose and a plan. No matter  what walk of life you have had to walk, "treating your neighbor as you would like to be treated" applies to everyone. I think life would be much simpler if we all applied more kindness into other people's lives. Pay it forward BEFORE it even gets to you.

No comments: